It has been estimated that 1 in 4 of us will suffer some form of mental illness this year. The role of a therapist is to help people to sort out mental problems and to move in the direction of leading a happy, productive and meaningful life.
There are more than 400 talking therapies. Some of them work better than others. Some of them take longer than others. Equally, people and their issues are different from one another. An approach which might work very well for one person, may not be the best approach for another person. Also, people will relate to some therapists better than others.
As I see it, the job of the therapist is to help his or her clients get their life back on track as quickly and as easily as possible.
Over the years I have had training in a wide range of therapies. The ones which I have found to be most productive include Solution Focused Therapy, Hypnotherapy, and NLP – though I do use, where appropriate, elements and techniques from a range of other therapies such as: CBT, Counselling, Structural Consulting, Couples Therapy, Control Theory … Many authors such as Viktor Frankl, Daniel Goleman and Deepak Chopra provide ideas which can be usefully incorporated into Therapy.
Therapy is a rapidly developing field and, no doubt, increasing need and new technologies will accelerate its development in the future.
Typical issues I work with include:
- Stopping Smoking or Addictions
- Handling anxiety, phobias, panic attacks ….
- Dealing with stress, tension, worry ….
- Handling emotional or relationship issues
- Managing anger
- Losing weight
- Building Confidence and Self Esteem
- Developing assertiveness
- Improving performance (in any area)
- Lifting depression
- Handling unwanted thoughts, behaviours or feelings
- Handling the effects of Childhood Abuse & Trauma
- Getting over fears such as speaking in public, flying, going to the dentist, doing tests or interviews
- Handling exam nerves
- Making life work better
- Post traumatic stress
- Handling grief and loss
- Ending procrastination
- Improving Sports Performance
If you would like to discuss an issue not listed here, please give me a ring.
To get more information or to make an appointment, ring me at 028 90391844.